Tuesday, August 29, 2006

30 Seconds To Mars -- A Beautiful Lie



I first found out about 30 Seconds to Mars shortly after their first album was released, I had heard about 2 songs and wasn't impressed at all, so 4 years later, it was surprise to me to see that they had made a music video for their new album, I really hadn't expected them to make it past that first album. But when I heard the song "Attack" I actually liked it, then about a month later when I heard the song "The Kill" from the same album, and really liked it I thought I should give the band a second chance. Upon hearing this album I find a lot of good singles but not an overall good album. The thing that bugged me the most is the tenth track is incredibly repetetive and then they drop out to give you a hidden track after ten minutes of nothing, but what was worse was that after that there are two more tracks. When going to wikipedia I found that apparently the actual album ended there but they added the next two tracks as bonus tracks. But still, even doing that, to have a ten minute pause in the middle of an album is just downright dumb and obnoxious.

The songs onthe album are actually pretty good, sometimes though he goes into his screaming voice and it doesn't work as well. But I really do like the radio friendly hits like Attack and The Kill. Their music is much like a hard pop band, radio friendly songs with a hard edge. So overall, not many recommendations around the board. I give this album 2 and 1/2 stars as it's got some good songs on it, but some of the obnoxious things just made me angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home