Sunday, September 24, 2006

Primus -- Sailing the Seas of Cheese


This is Primus' second studio album. Their first album which I already reviewed is found here. There you'll find a more comprehensive overlook on Primus' overall style. This is their second album and also the most commercially successful album. It has two songs of which has recieved a huge amount of radio play, "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver" and "Tommy The Cat". This album embraces their more heavier elements as well as pushing somewhat of a politcal agenda. I like this cd quite a bit, but for Primus' albums it's probably my third favorite. It has some pretty good songs, but also some pretty lame songs. The song I didn't really know before that I really like now is Fish On, that's a good song.

Once again, Primus is a very hard band to get into, but if you do, this is another good one to pick up, it's not quite four star material though, it's almost there, but it could be better. 3.5 out of 4 stars.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

Hey, I own this cd. I don't listen to it much at all, but I admit it's quite superb.

1:17 AM  
Blogger MickBabyGravy said...

I honestly believe this is every bit as good as Frizzle Fry. It was the album that got me into the band and actually made me want to play music. My favorite CD of all time. Also, their most commercially successful album is Pork Soda. It got them their highest slot on the billboards at 7, and got them the headlinning slot in Lollapollozza 93. Punchbowl being a close second.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home