Thursday, October 05, 2006

Moby -- Play


This is Moby's breakthrough album, the one that got him the most mainstream success, though it's actually his 6th album as Moby and far later if you count his band from the 80s. This album is especially famous for combing elements of techno with gospel and folk. It was good to listen to this cd again, since I had forgotten most of the songs and rediscoverd some. The thing with this album though is it's got some good stuff on it, but it's almost an overkill, as a lot of the songs, have a really cool hook at the begining but then it's repeated over and over again, until you get sick of it. Because of this it's always hard for me to come back to this album. Although it does have those staples that I could listen to over and over again like "Bodyrock" and the especially good "Run On". Although, listening to this cd again, as I passed the song "Run On" I remembered why I didn't listen to this cd all that much especially when it comes to the worst song on the album "The Sky Is Broken". This cd starts off pretty good but doesn't really end well.

I think this is an album that people should check out due to it's very interesting nature, but overall I'm not a big fan of it. I'm going to give this one 2.5 out of 4 stars. It could have been a lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home