Monday, October 09, 2006

Ben Harper -- Fight For Your Mind


Ben Harper is a singer/songwriter, who mostly does folk and folk rock songs. This is my first time listening to his stuff, besides the song "Steal My Kisses". It's pretty good if you like folksy guitar songs, I think I'd really like it if I played the guitar. He also infuses a lot of his stuff with a gospel feeling, the ending of the cd especially. The long yet beautiful song "God Fearing Man" I think is my favorite song on the album. The main problems I have with this cd though, is that there isn't much change in the different songs, there is only so much you can do with an accoustic guitar and light drumming.

If you like folksy rock you'll like this cd. Almost anyone I think could like this cd. I thought it was good, but not great. 3 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home