Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Nirvana -- In Utero


This is the third and final album from the pioneers of grunge rock Nirvana. It's actually the only one of the three that I do own. The bands intention for this album was after recieving such mainstream success off their album Nevermind, they decided to "return to their roots" and record a more abrasive and less mainstream sounding release. I actually think this helps the album quite a bit. This is very apparent in the hits that came out of this album such as "Heart Shaped Box", "Rape Me" and "All Apologies" as well my personal favorite on the album "Very Ape". "Frances The Farmer" also is an excellent performance. Overall this is actually quite a good album.

I had thought in choosing this one, that I wouldn't rank as I high as I am. This album did surprise me a bit more then I expected it to. This is a good album for anyone looking to get into grunge rock and experimental hard rock. Though it is a good album, it's not quite up to par with the other four stars and thus can only make it as high as 3.5 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

I'll second that. A great album, methinks. One I should listen to more often.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home