Friday, September 15, 2006

Dave Matthews Band -- Under The Table And Dreaming


I dread coming to albums like these because I already know what I'm going to give it. So it becomes hard to review it. So I'm going to say this, I really like DMB's early stuff, and as this is their first album, this is by far my favorite. It has hits that still give me goose bumps. This is a perfect blend of bluesy rock with jazzy rock that just makes my head spin that such a good album could come out. Though this is a really good cd, it sorta ends for me after Warehouse, as I'm not a big fan of the last two songs. However even with those two songs, the cd is spectacular.

If you haven't given this one a listen, I'd recommend trying it out, it really is good. Basically it's a recommendation to everyone. 4 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

Actually, 'Remember Two Things' came out in 1993, 'Under the Table and Dreaming' came out in 1994. I have confirmed this by looking at the cds in my collection. However, I agree with you about the early DMB stuff - it's very good. Unfortunately, this is an album I rarely listen to anymore, and actually rarely listened to period. I think it's because I always chose to listen to 'Live at Red Rocks' if I was in a DMB mood. Therefore, I recommend to anyone that wants good DMB to listen to 'Live at Red Rocks' and forego this album.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home