Friday, September 01, 2006

Jane's Addiction -- Ritual De Lo Habitual


Jane's Addiction is a band that I heard most of their songs on the radio through out the 90s but never got their cd until only recently. According to most lists, this is on most magazines and critics top 50 most influential albums of the 90s. Many will recognize two of the members of Janes Addiction as Perry Farrell whom started Lollapalooza and Dave Navarro who recently dated and married Carmen Electra. These two have very differing personailties, so it's easy to see how this band only survived two albums in the beginning then made one 10 years after they broke up. However, when these guys did agree they made some pretty kickin' music. You may recognize a lot of radio hits such as "Been Caught Stealin" and "Stop". One song in particular that I like is called "Three Days" a lengthy ballad, done really well, very good song on the album. As I reaching the end of the album, also the song "Classic Girl" really impressed me.

Overall there are some really rockin' rock songs on this album, The thing that really surprises me though, is how much this feels like a mid 90s album, after Nirvana, yet, in fact it's from 1990, which is before the big explosion of Nirvana. Not to say that this album is anything like Nirvana. I can see how it's quite influential for how early it came. Once again, through doing this review site, I've discovered another album that is really good that I hadn't ever really listened to before. There are many albums that I've just picked up here and there whether for free or a little bit of money and have never listened to them, and will sometimes just assume they're not as good as they turn out to be, that's the case with this album. Very good cd, I'll recommend it to anyone that likes 90s rock. Definate 4 out of 4 album, I can now see why it's so highly regarded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home