Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Muse -- "Absolution"



Muse is a band from the UK which to me personally sounds like Radiohead with a little more of an edge. I really like this band, and I think they have a lot of potential to get a really large fan base. The song "Stockholm Syndrome" is a myriad of sounds which all blend together to make a really kickin' song. This was the song that sold me on buying the album. With the lead singers really high voice and the crunching guitars, as well as the electronic element, this band really has a lot of potential. Just about every song on the cd also has potential to be a hit single which is really good for an album.

Muse comes highly recommended. They're not too hard that you'll consider them hard rock, but they're not pansies either. I'd recommend them to just about everyone, and think this is a good cd to start with. It's the only one I have so far, but I plan on owning more. 4 of 4 stars straight up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I really love this album. I especially like "Hysteria" and that one with the Rachmaninoff-esque interlude.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home