Wednesday, August 23, 2006

We Are Scientists -- With Love and Squalor



I first found out about these guys when I saw their music video for "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" which featured the band being chased by a man in a bear costume. I found the song to be so catchy that in the days following I couldn't stop thinking about the song and had to eventually buy the cd. This breakout album for the surprisinly witty band is a very good one. They are an indie rock band for those that don't know yet. My biggest problem with the album is it has a lot of good singles but as an album I rarely listen to the whole thing, I'll often skip tracks to others. But the singles how they score, they are well played on my iPod.

If you like the way music is currently going in this era then you should check out We Are Scientists. My hope is that they don't just end up getting lost in all of those types of bands coming out right now, that they'll be able to make a name for themselves. Overall it's not an album that I love, I like it, but don't love it. Thus I'm going to give it 3 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home