Thursday, November 23, 2006

Phish -- Lawn Boy


Lawn Boy is the second studio release album by Phish. This is one of my favorite album covers by the way. The follow up album to one of my favorite albums of all time, this album is a good cd as well. On this one they really experimented with the lyrics, and created some of their best loved tunes. Probably my favorite set of lyrics on this album is on the first song called "The Squirming Coil", which says "Id like to lick the coil some day, Like icarus, who had to pay, With melting wax and feathers brown, He tasted it on his way down". This is one of their nicer melodic albums, and also very mellow.

This is a good album to start out with or to get as a second album. This album is a classic, and has very little flaws to it, however it's not quite four star material. It's one of their best, but when it comes to Phish, their albums just aren't as good as their live stuff, and it makes the albums just a little sub-par. 3.5 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

This album always ranks near the bottom when I get to ranking the Phish albums. I'm never sorry when I put it in, though.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home