Friday, September 15, 2006

Incubus -- Make Yourself


The third album from these rockin' fellas is a pretty good one. I first found out about it when their first single came out called "Pardon Me" I wanted to get it after hearing that song, but waited for a while luckily for me the song "Drive" became huge and since it's the only song on the album that sounds like that there were a lot of used copies and I was able to pick it up cheap. I actually really like this cd, it's right in between alternative and hard rock, and is also able to use a DJ to produce some cool sounds as well. My favorite part of the cd is actually the first five tracks, very hard and still good, a very rockin' beginning. This is one of the better bands when it comes to semi hard rock. Though this cd really hits well for me, i haven't really heard any of their other stuff. The only song I'm not a big fan of is Drive mainly because it doesn't really fit well on the album, just sort of a weird entrant. It's a decent song on it's own, but not all that good with the album.

If you like alternative rock you should pick this cd up, because it is very good, if not I wouldn't recommend it. But I do like alternative rock thus I really like this cd. one of the best for it's genre. 4 of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Helps said...

I think I like alternative rock, but I haven't heard any Incubus. I guess I'll put it on my list with Coldplay of things to listen out for.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home