Friday, September 01, 2006

Rage Against The Machine -- Evil Empire



Rage Against The Machine is a very hard rock and politaclly charged band that made most of their stuff in the 90s. This is their second album which had the most monetary success. Rage was one of the most influential hard bands of the 90s as they had very interesting uses of their instruments in very innovative ways and using lots of politcal leftist views. My favorite thing about the band is their guitarist Tom Morello as he finds very interesting ways to use his guitar to make many different types of sounds that fit well into their songs. Now this album has a lot of very good singles on it such as Bulls on Parade, People of The Sun and Revolver. The thing that might keep me with the band more then others is I often have a hard time comprehending words in songs, I can sing along with a song without realizing what it's talking about. Thereare very few Rage Songs that I actually know what they're talking about, if I actually did, I might not like the album as much or I might like it better, I'm not sure. So mostly it's about the hard pumping music that gets me excited that I like.

Some of the songs I don't like as well, and overall it doesn't flow well for me as an album as much as their first cd. I won't recommend this group unless you've shown signs of liking hard rock in some way. This time I listened to it was the first time I had listened to the album all the way through and I found that I like a good majority of the songs, many more then I expected to like. I'm gonna give this one 3.5 stars, it's so very close to being at 4, but it doesn't quite make it. Very good album if you like the type of music, as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home