Tuesday, August 29, 2006

They Might Be Giants -- Mink Car



It's taken me a long time to try out They Might Be Giants, it wasn't until my brother got really into them and picked up just about every album they'd done that I decided to give them another chance. Bascially I wanted a different album then Flood which is the one that every would listen to. One that actually caught my attention was the album Mink Car. This is a delightful album with some meat to it that I hadn't expected. I actually like every song on this album with one exception being Cyclops Rock. This album doesn't seem as childish as a lot of their other stuff, it has the same feel but yet each song has a bit more to it then I expected. I've actually found myself coming back to this album when I want to listen to TMBG. There are a lot of different kinds of music on this album, from Mink Car to Another First Kiss and Man It's So Loud In Here. Each song just continued to surprise me how much I liked it.

After listening to this entire album, I'd have to give it high nods. As definatly my favorite TMBG album to date, and for being able to surprise me a lot. I still would have a hard time recommending it as you either like or dislike TMBG, but if you do dislike them but haven't listened to this album, give it a try, let yourself listen to it by yourself and you might just like it. I'm going to give this one 4 out of 4 stars for being such a surprising album for me, and showing me that TMBG actually have some good musical talent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home