Saturday, October 14, 2006

Soundgarden -- Superunknown


This is the fifth studio album by the hard rock/alternative band Soundgarden. It is deemed as their breakthrough album as it has a lot of their most famous songs including "Spoonman", "Fell on Black Days", and probably their most famous song, "Black Hole Sun". I originally got into this band because of a song on another album and I went ahead and bought this one too, though I've never really gotten into Soundgarden besides a couple of songs, mostly just the famous ones. This band feels a lot like Pearl Jam for me, which is another band I've never been able to get into. Once again i think my problem with this stuff, is my inability to comprehend the words, the music has to be catchy for me to listen to it more and then find out what they're saying, but the music of Soundgarden doesn't keep me very often. However, in listening to it, the last two songs, "Half" and "Like Suicide" were actually quite good and kept my attention, I hadn't ever really heard those two songs before.

So overall this is about a half and half cd when it comes to the songs, and as an album it doesn't feel like it flows as well as it could. So I'm going to give this one 2 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

This is Soundgarden's second best disc, Down on the Upside being their best. I love this stuff. However, since I don't really like any of their other albums, I can totally see where you're coming from.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home