Friday, September 01, 2006

Beastie Boys -- Check Your Head


Beastie Boys are a 3 person rap group which were the first white rappers to become famous. Interestingly enough they actually started as a punk band. Which does actually flow over into this album, Check Your Head, their third album. I really like this album due to the fact that there is a lot of different styles wrapped into one cd, lots of sampling, a bunch of rap, and a bit of rock as well. Very good blend. Many of my favorite songs aren't the rap ones. In fact one of my favorite songs is the very funky "Live at P.J.s"

I'd recommend this to anyone that has only heard the Beastie Boys rap. This is an overall good album, and very highly recommended by me. Even the rap on this cd is at the height of the Beastie's. Really good overall. 4 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home