Saturday, September 16, 2006

Phish -- Rift


Phish is my favorite band of all time, that being said it's very hard for me to give bad ratings to my favorite band, though there are a couple of albums I will end up giving bad ratings because they just aren't all that great, since this band does have a gigantic discography there are bound to be some mishaps. However, this is one of their better albums. This is their 6th album and their second concept album. This album has a lot of their really good stapes such as the title track Rift, Wedge and Maze. For those unfamiliar to Phish, imagine taking a rock band that relies heavily on their power of improvisation and also relies heavily on crowd involvement, meaning if the fans are enjoying themselves they play better. Going to a show you are gauranteed to hear something you haven't heard before. It's that newness that first drew me to Phish and has kept me with them through the years.

This is one of their best albums, and if you're getting into Phish, I'd say this would be a good third or fourth disc to pick up. Phish is tough to get into, you have to like long lengthy jams, but if you find you do, Phish is your band. 4 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

By 'second concept album,' are you referring to TMWSIY (which was never officially released)?
I do agree with you, though, that this is one of their better albums. However, their subsequent albums are so amazing, that I often forget the magnitude of greatness that this album is.
"It's Ice" is my favorite song on this one.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home