Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Particle -- Launchpad


It's been a while since the first song of a cd excited me as much as the title track of this Particle album called "Launchpad". Particle is one of the most interesting bands you'll ever find, take a jam band and give them a whole lot of electrical/techno equipment and let them go loose and you have Particle. I saw their cd today in a used bin for 3 dollars and knew I had to get, and after listening to the first song on the album, I would have bought it for 15 just for that song. But it doesn't stop there, they then gives us a cool off song that is a little more laid back in Metropolis, but then start back up the extreme rockin' with The Elevator. Then once again they give a funky yet relaxing follow up with Below Radar, then go into the uber-funky "The Banker". It's been a long time since I've had this kind of reaction off a first listen. This album is flawless, and maybe it's just cause it's my first time but I really think this cd will be going into very heavy rotation for me. Now I really want to see these guys live.

This one of the best buys I've gotten in a while. I know by my hyping it so much people may not like it that much but I still have to say this cd blew me away. If you can handle long song with no words and like funky rock, then I think you'd like this cd. I have to give it a resounding 4 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

From the little bit of Particle that I've heard, I'd have to say you're not hyping it too much at all. Now, to get you to listen to the Disco Biscuits.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home