Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Smashing Pumpkins -- Adore


Adore which is the Smashing Pumpkins' fourth cd, takes a radical turn from their earlier rock music and turns more towards electronic music. Yet they do still keep much of the sound that made them popular. In listening to this cd, I find I actually like it more then I expected. What's weird is the first single Ava Adore makes the cd sound like more of an industrial sound when it's actually more of a mellow laid back kind of cd. I really like Ava Adore and think it's the best song on the album. Perfect, the fourth song on the album is also a gem of a song, it feels like an ode to their early stuff back on Siamese Dream. The rest of the cd while good doesn't really have any breakthrough songs, it's a really nice cd if you want some relaxing rock songs though. The songs due flow well, yet the cd seems a little long. Now usually I'm not against a long cd, and usually I encourage it, but with the similarity in songs after Perfect, it's gets a little drab.

This is a good cd and anyone that likes The Smashing Pumpkins should look into it, also if you like softer alternative rock then I think you'd like it too. Overall I'm going to give it 3 stars, it's a good cd, not great, but good.

1 Comments:

Blogger azurerocket said...

Huh, I thought this was a short CD.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home