Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Phish -- "Junta"



Phish is my personal favorite band of all time. So I'm quite biased when it comes to their music. I decided though to first do my favorite album so I wouldn't start them off on the wrong foot. Junta is a two disc album which is the band's first marketed album. Phish is a Jamband, and for a slight explanation on that if you don't know check out String Cheese Incident's Outside Inside album. This album is my favorite as it has most of my favorite jams in it. It also has probably my favorite song of all time being "Divided Sky", which is twelve minute very mellow jam which just makes me feel all bubbly inside. Though I don't think this is a nessicarily a good album to start off with, it has most of my all time favorites.

So as for recommendations, if you like Phish you should already own this one. It's hard when recommending Jambands to anyone because most people just can't handle 12-15 minute songs, but if you think that that is your idea of a really good song, then you should be into jambands. As this is my favorite album by my favorite band with my favorite song on it, there's no way I wouldn't give it 4 out of 4 stars, which is what it's getting obviously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarjka said...

Divided Sky remains my favorite Phish song. It is so beautiful.

Now, to rank the Phish albums (not including the recent live releases):

1 - A Live One
2 - Slip, Stitch, and Pass
3 - Billy Breathes
4 - The Story of the Ghost
5 - Rift
6 - Junta
7 - Undermind
8 - Farmhouse
9 - The Siket Disc
10 - Round Room
11 - Lawn Boy
12 - Hoist
13 - A Picture of Nectar
14 - Hampton Comes Alive

That said, each of these albums continues to be better than most any other album I own.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home