Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Ocean Blue -- Beneath The Rhythm & Sound


I honestly know very little about this band, I had a recommendation a couple of months ago by Azurerocket to check out their stuff, but haven't until just recently. This is also a kind of music of which I'm not very accustomed to. This band sounds a lot like The Cure, which is another band I haven't listened to all that much. This is the third album by this group and was put out in 1993. I just don't know about this kind of music, I think it's nice, and mellow, but it doesn't keep me fixed for any period of time. I keep wanting to go on to something else when listening to their stuff. Though occasionally as with all bands like this, they'll get me with a song that I think is really good. Such as the song "Bliss is Unaware", which I found to be incredibly catchy. I find I really enjoy this cd when doing something else, it feels good as background noise.

I'm not quite sure who to recommend this to as I'm still in the begining of finding this band. This album though good at times I had a hard time keeping my attention to it, and I just couldn't get into it overall. Though I don't dislike the cd, it's far from being really good. 2 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger azurerocket said...

I totally agree about them being background music. I was just really struck the first time I heard "I'd Rather Dance With You" by Kings of Convenience because it really sounded like The Ocean Blue. (I also think British Sea Power sounds like Echo and the Bunnymen). Sometime I'll let you know what I think their better songs are, I have their self-titled album and a few random tracks.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home