Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pigeon John... Sings The Blues


I had a breif hiatus there, but now I'm back with Pigeon John. This is his third cd, and for every cd he has it starts with Pigeon John... (Then title of the cd). I'm doing Pigeon John's cd in honor of him coming to town this Friday. I'm going to go see him with Lyrics Born and Cut Chemist. The thing I like about Pigeon John is he has very interesting and clear lyrics to his songs. He mixes well also. For instance here's some of his lyrics I especially liked from one of his songs, it's just the beginning so it's not that long.

[Intro-talking]
Hey John, I'm glad you came
Uh, listen, um, your CDs aren't selling too well
And uh, we need you to start actually rapping (okay)
Because we signed you as a rapper
We gave you the money (yeah whatever, I'm seriously gonna get those sales)
I don't care, we need you to rap

[Pigeon John]
Well I'm trying not to sing, the same old song
But it's the same old people that all wanna sing along, right?
Now open the doors, open the blinds, let in the sunshine
Find a place to rest, deep in their minds
Cause times are changing
But really not, it's just the same old plot
It's just rearranging.

This cd especially is very bluesy, from what the title discribes. It's much more bluesy then his other cd I've listened to. This cd also wins the prize for the best design on the top of the cd. The one cd I don't like as much as the others is a remix of the song Emily from another cd, and it doesn't have the same power that the original has. But overall I really like this cd, it doesn't have as cool background stuff as the other guys in Quannum, but he has some of the coolest lyrics.

If you like the other stuff that Quannum productions has come out with you may end up liking Pigeon John. I thought this cd was done quite well, better then his last cd, and I think i'll enjoy him at the concert. But it's not quite the best, it's close though, so I'm giving it 3.5 out of 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Blogger B.G. Christensen said...

This has been on my list of cds to get for a while, as has k-os's Joyful Rebellion. I just got k-os's new one, Atlantis: Hymns for Disco, and it's very cool. Have you heard it yet?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home