Monday, September 04, 2006

The Reverend Horton Heat -- It's Martini Time


This rockabilly band has been together since 1985 and is still going strong, I first picked up this cd back when I had heard them do a cover of the Johnny Quest theme, I picked up a couple of songs off the internet back in napster days and liked their stuff so I snagged this album, however as is the same as today, I'm just not really impressed with this album. It's got a couple of good stand out songs such as "Slingshot" and "Rock The Joint" but other then that nothing really catches my fancy. I do want to give these guys another try with a different cd because I think I just got a bad roll, but then, maybe I'm just not a big fan of rockabilly. We'll have to wait and see. I like Rock The Joint because it's so completely Rockabilly, and I like Sligshot because it's a really enjoyable instrumental, but everything else really doesn't do anything for me. It's almost sad for me to say, but I just feel very indifferent to this album, nothing excites me at all.

I'll only recommend this to those that are in love with rockabilly. 1 star out of 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home