Monday, September 25, 2006

Linkin Park -- Meteora


I always hate saying this, but I actually do like this cd. My natural instincts tell me to hate this band, yet I find I actually do like this cd. For those that don't know, Linkin Park is one of the first bands to make the genre nu metal/rapcore. Basically it's hard rock with rap elements and a DJ. They have two singers, one whom raps most of the time, and one who has the perfect scream voice. I am actually impressed at his scream voice because for him to be able to keep that up is actually quite impressive. Note that I don't like all the songs on the cd and I am not a fan of the cd only being about half an hour. The part of the cd I actually like the most is the middle from Hit the Floor until Breaking the Habit. My favorite song though is called "Session" which is the first instrumental the band has done.

You'll like this cd if you like harder rock with some industrial elements. It's a good cd, but not the best, it had a lot of potential to be better. I'm going to give this one 3 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home