Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Golden Earring -- Moontan


Golden Earring is a Dutch Rock band from the 60s and 70s and they're still making music to this day. This is their 9th album and the only one I have. I got it because of the hit "Radar Love" which I consider to be one of the best "Crusing" songs of all time. This album has only 5 songs, the shortest of which is at 6:13. The rest of this album plays like a good 70s rock album. It feels much the same style as Styx or Rush. They actually toured with Rush, The Doobie Borthers and Led Zeppelin. The other songs on this album are of the same quality of Radar Love, good long rock songs with lots of varying themes and changes. I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of longer songs and this album produces them. However dispite it being a good album besides Radar Love, the tunes don't have much of a singular impact. It's good as an album, but after listening to it, I can't go back and remember the other songs all that well.

This is a really good album and anyone who wants to go through good bands of the classic rock era, this is a good album to pick up. It may not be good for those who aren't accustomed to longer songs though. This one is a 3.5 star album. I should check out more of their stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home