Saturday, April 12, 2008

Juno Reactor -- Bible Of Dreams

I must say first that I'm not used to this kind of techno, a techno which evokes certain moods in each song and is generally repetitive. I was enjoying the album very much in the first three to 5 songs. But with 9 songs all going through the same progression all between 7 and 9 minutes long soon I became tiresome and wanting something different. This album is very good when it comes to individual songs. I liked each of the songs just fine it's just hard for me to listen to the whole album at once. For instance if I got one of the songs every once in a while I'd probably dance and enjoy it, but all of them together as an album is tiresome and just too much. I really do like his usage of different voices to add to the mood of each song, and the techno aspect is quite well done. But overall as an album I just can't handle it.

Techno fans should get this album, if you don't like techno there's no reason for you to own this one.

3/4 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home