Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Prodigy -- The Fat Of The Land

I was excited when I picked up this album recently because I had been a big fan of the two hits off this album Firestarter and Breathe back in early high school. I had hoped there would be more good to this album when I picked it up but I didn't find too much else. I had known they were more to the techno side as I listened to one of their early albums back in high school so listening to it now, the album has some good songs, and they are famous. I like the beats when it comes to the song Smack My Bitch Up, but I still can't get down with the only four words in the song. The only other song which I thought had a little promise to it was the last song Fuel My Fire. Otherwise the whole album is faulty and repetitive. The way techno shouldn't be, but most of the time is.

Like I said, I still love those first two songs, they have some coolness to them and they deserved to be hits when they came out. So anyone who wants to get these two songs, if you need to get the album to do so, then get the album, otherwise there's no need.

1.5/4 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home