Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Insatiable -- Inflatable

This is the only ska album that I have ever purchased and it's only because this band was a local band in Salt Lake City that I had seen live. They were a pretty fun band and put on a good show so I decided to buy one of their albums and this one was it. Now it's not like I dislike ska, it's that I've never gotten into the genre. I've never gotten around to it is more like it. I like the occasional ska song, but I never really saw any need to go out and buy any albums. This album though is actually really well done and an enjoyable one. It's not just ska but jazzy too and fun like how the band is live. The thing I found interesting about this album is I didn't find myself bored by any of the songs and the songs don't over do it. They keep the songs to a good length and don't over do the ska element of it. The other thing that's nice about the album is that it's at a good length, the only other ska album I was going to purchase was the Mighty Mighty Bosstones big one, but when I found out it was 30 minutes I didn't do it. Anyways, back to this one, I am not an expert on ska at all, but these guys make me like ska, so that's saying something.

If you like ska, or if you like local bands you should check these guys out. Not much more to say on it, for what it's worth it's my favorite ska album of all time. 3.5 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home