Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Bird and The Bee -- Please Clap Your Hands

Get ready Indie fans, I'm going to give a positive review for an indie album. I really like this album. It is only five songs but it leaves me wanting more by this group. (The Girl's) voice is so beautiful and it works well in both the slow songs and the upbeat stuff. This group knows how to do a proper slow song, and then mix it well with a good danceable song as well. Even after listening to this album a couple of times, I've gotten to like it more and more so it's replay ability is high. I really like the mixture they tend to do of dance music with a sweet singing voice, the first track describes it well in it's title, "Polite Dance Song". My only complaint is that it is too short, of course it's meant to be that short as it's an EP, so we'll see if their full length albums can measure up.

If you're an indie fan you already own or will own stuff from these guys soon. For everyone else, if you like girl singers with a light dance feel to it, you should check them out.

3.5/4 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home