Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jurassic 5 -- Power In Numbers

I gave myself an easy one today. This album is easily one of the best crafted albums of all time. The songs flow together so well and there isn't any wasted space on the album. The songs are rapped by a great mix of the four MCs with the really well thought out beats of Cut Chemist and DJ NuMark. They ever have some really cool lyrics about rap life which are different then the usual stuff, for instance, "How many times do I gotta hear some fanatic in my ear tellin' me to keep it real when they ain't payin' my bills or feeding my kids, judging me on how I live, if my crib in the hood or if it's up in the hills." The other line I find great about rap life is, "

They even use one of the songs to tell a story through raping over the telephone to each other, there are such good songs on this album. This is by far and away my favorite rap album of all time.

I love this album and I think anyone should check it out, have an open mind if you're sure you don't like rap, cause it is a lot different then the kind of stuff you might be used to. 4 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home