Wednesday, May 21, 2008

MC Chris -- Life's a Bitch and I'm Her Pimp

The oh so memorable MC Chris, if you've heard him you'll always remember him, after all, who can forget a 5 foot tall fat white rapper who raps like he's a nerd gangster. This is his first EP, and it's just eight tracks with only four songs. In between each song is just little snippets from his answering machine or something he thought was funny, all of which aren't worth listening to. There's also a song called DQ Blizzard which isn't really all that great either, but it's in the other three songs he excels. First is the Star Wars ode "Fett's Vette", which is a rap about Boba Fett, with such great lyrics such as, "See my name is Boba Fett, I know my shit is tight, start not acting right you're frozen in carbonite, got telescopic sight, flamethrowers on my wrist..." Wow. Then comes the great song "The Tussin", a song about getting hooked on a drug called Robotussin. "She don't know I'm on a robotussin trip". Then finally a song entitled "F***in' Up My Christmas", which if you were curious from what the chorus tells us, "F***in' Up My Christmas is a new way of saying F***in' Up My Shit, this is not so much a holiday concern, as it is an exclamation of dismay at the sight of a beautiful woman." These three songs are the best the album have to offer, and after you've listened to them enough for their camp value then they get old pretty fast. So overall it's an okay album, it's funny for a little while but it doesn't sustain itself through time.

If you're into nerdy stuff you might want to listen to a couple of the songs, you can download this album for free at his website. http://67.18.79.2/lab/ Careful cause it does have the swears. 2 out of 4 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home