Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lifesavas -- Gutterfly: The Original Soundtrack

I like the concept of this album, as if it were an original soundtrack to a movie, and so all of the songs have a common theme to them. As far as the Lifesavas go, I really like their member Versatyl, but other then him I'm not big on the rest of the group. There are about 4 songs on this album which I can see myself going back to and listening again. Other then that nothing really impressed me all that much. Plus there's not much going on in the background, just repetitive beats on most tracks instead of finding some way to make it interesting. These guys seem to be on the border for me between the kind of rap I like and the kind which is more famous. I really liked however hearing one of the members of Digable Planets on this album, that was good to hear from him again.

I wouldn't recommend this album to anyone, it's got some good songs here and there, but even then there are many other rap songs which I'd rather listen to anyways.

1.5/4 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home